FROM THE RIGHT
By Bill Moore
You cannot turn on the Television or listen to the Radio without hearing the Left in the attack toward Trump and his Policy of separating illegal alien children from illegal alien parents. Later in this column we will fact check their complaints.
However, I must remind you the facts as to why this is happening. The Left developed a program of diversion to change the topic or narrative when something was happening they did not approve of. What was going on that would make President Trump look good thus force the Left to divert the public discourse. Could it be the economy was about to reach 4% growth? Might it be the success of his meeting with the North Korean Dictator? Might it be another successful rally where his support stays consistent and continue to support what he is doing?
Please notice when he finally signed an executive order to stop separating children from their families, the Left was initially quiet then some are starting to complain he does not have the power to do that. In my opinion they were out maneuvered again.
Let us fact check to see what they are complaining about.
- Thousands of children of illegals are being detained separated from their families. The truth is there are approximately 12,000 illegal alien children currently being detained. However about 10,000 came illegally to the US on their own. In short without their parents.
- The 2,000 remaining are in there because their parents have applied for asylum. That process is much more involved and the children were removed so they would not be forced into detention centers.
- Heritage reports in 1997 The Clinton Administration entered into a settlement of a lawsuit involving illegal immigrant children. The agreement allowed detaining unaccompanied minors for only “20 days” before releasing them to the Department of Health and Human Services. They were then responsible to place these minors in foster or shelter situations until they locate sponsors.
- Enter the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the most liberal in the country, who ruled the settlement agreement to apply to “both minors who are accompanied and unaccompanied by their parents.” The 9th Circuit’s misinterpretation of the Clinton administration’s settlement agreement that doesn’t allow juvenile aliens to stay with their parents who have been detained for unlawful entry into the country.
- In 2014 the Obama Administration placed numerous Illegal Alien children into the hands of human traffickers who forced the children to work on egg farms in the Ohio Area. They failed to properly do background checks on proposed sponsors.
The only reason I report on items 4 and 5 is to point out there was no large organized revolt from the Left when this happened because it occurred under a Democratic Administration. In fact any discourse came from the Right. Reality is also if the illegal immigrant parents want to reunite with their children all they have to do is ask to return to their home countries.
My final point to watch out for will be when the Left realizes the Trump Administration has again out maneuvered them. They will soon realize that those children now separated and eventually processed to sponsors will now be reunited with their families in detention facilities. I believe they did little to improve their lot.