Coastal Carolina Accountability Project
Meeting August 9th 2017
- Meeting was called to order by Bill Moore at 7:00 PM.
- Minutes from July meeting were approved.
- Treasurer reported we have $125. in account
- Still Could not yet get a volunteer to be secretary- But HOPE REMAINS HIGH BUT DWINDELING
- Marcy’s law was explained and the membership agreed to add it as an agenda item for CCAP.
- Sen Tillis stands on VISAS and limiting the ability of President Trump to do his job was discussed by the membership. More to follow
- Michael Westrich, Representative from Convention of States (COS) was our guest speaker. Westrich did an explanation of COS and how it would work. He answered a multitude of questions from the membership.
- Board mentioned our next trip to Raleigh was August 28th. We will attend the John Locke Luncheon. Membership was invited to attend with us.
- CCAP has agreed to help NCGOP with a voter registration drive in NHC. Lists were provided to membership to drop by select houses for new NHC residents who have not yet registered. It was emphasized you cannot put registration forms in mailboxes but just leave them in the door if they are not home. There are still several routes that have not been assigned. Please contact Bill Moore if you can help 914-629 09280
- George has not yet confirmed a guest speaker for September but is working on several possibilities.
- Chair mentioned NHC Republican party was not running a Reagan Dinner again. He further mentioned with little or no apparent fundraising by the local Party, we need to raise funds to support conservative candidates and positions
- Next meeting is scheduled for September 13th at 7PM at the ASIAN BUFFET. Suggest 6:30 if you plan on eating
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM