FROM THE RIGHT
We are barely into 2019 but all the positions the Democrats are supporting in great numbers should scare you into action to prevent them from winning.
This column will review the Green Plan. According to CNN, not exactly a right wing news service, the Green Plan is really a list of proposals they support and would like enacted. If done the cost would be trillions of dollars all in place by 2030. The scary part is they believe these things are necessary. When it was first introduced, all the current Democratic candidates were tripping over themselves to endorse it. What were they endorsing? What are their beliefs? The Green plan includes:
- Meet 100% of the power demands in the US through clean renewable and zero emission energy sources within 10 years. An analysis from the American Action Forum finds that the Green New Deal, sponsored by New York Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey, would cost up to $93 trillion in the first ten years. In fact the Congressional Budget office was able to estimate a zero-carbon electricity grid would cost $5.4 trillion in the 10 year period. The plan assumes no new transmission lines would be needed, and that much of the renewable energy would come from nuclear power. Either concept has no basis in reality. These cost figures are quoted coming from Investor’s Business Daily.
- Overhaul the transportation system in the US to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. This plan requires investment in aero emission vehicles and in manufacturing. It requires clean, affordable public transportation and high speed rail. Wonder how the failed high speed rail system in California will affect the plan? A “zero-emissions transportation system is estimated to cost an additional $1.3-$2.7 trillion. Airplanes and taxis beware.
- Upgrade all existing buildings and new buildings to achieve maximum energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort and durability. Guaranteeing green housing is estimated to cost anywhere from $1.6 trillion to $4.2 trillion.
- Work collaboratively with farmers and ranchers to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the agriculture section. This is fancy verbiage to cut back on cows passing gas. This plan suggests we cut back on eating meat as a way to reduce the demand for beef.
Being good Democrats they cannot just write an economic plan without building in new social programs.
- The Plan guarantees Universal Healthcare in this plan. $36 trillion is the low estimate of the 10 year cost of this portion of the plan.
- Plan guarantees a job with a family sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations and retirement security to all people in the US. The rest of it would cost an additional $42.8 trillion to $80.6 trillion if you roll in the cost of Health Care into the social program portion of this plan.
Investor’s Business Daily points out economists expect the entire U.S. gross domestic product over the next decade to total $266 trillion. That means the Green New Deal would eat up to 35% of the nation’s economy from 2020 to 2029. That’s on top of existing federal government programs, which already consume more than 20% of GDP each year.
If this doesn’t scare you, IT SHOULD. Republicans and Independents must band together to ensure this plan never sees the light of day. Further it should convince people electing Democrats with these ideas is a sure way to bankrupt the Nation and guarantee Socialism will replace Capitalism. Again, Venezuela is the poster child for Socialism. A nation rich in natural resources has had its economy ruined by Socialism. We cannot let this happen in the US.
We cannot wait until 2020. Get involved now. Train to be a poll watcher, poll worker, or volunteer to contact people to vote. You might also volunteer to go to houses and pass out flyers to help get out the vote. Every little bit helps. Most of all remember to get you and you friends to the ballot boxes in both 2019 and 2020.
Next week we will discuss the Democratic plan for Universal Health care.